roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Cute...with just a bit of bite

The Governess Affair - Courtney Milan

This is basically a Novella and prequel to the author’s current romance series, and if this is a taste of what she has to offer...I must say...I look forward to reading her full book. The story was interesting and the characters witty and fun...and real. But rather than try to come up with adequate word to describe...I will let the characters speak for themselves:

The Governess Affair

Chapter 10:

Mrs. Marshall,

I hope that you are settling into your new home, and that all is to your satisfaction. Do please let me know if anything is amiss, and I shall see to it

Mr. Marshall

My new home is all that I hoped for. Everything is to my satisfaction. Nothing is amiss. Thank you very much for your concern.

Mrs. Marshall,

I am delighted that your new home is what you wished for, and everything is as you've hoped. Please accept my best wished for you happiness.

Mr. Marshall,

I am delighted that you are delighted that I am delighted with my new home. Can I predict the substance of your next missive? That you are delighted that I am delighted that you are delighted, etcetera.

I have just saved us both a great deal of postage and awkward conversation. If we keep this up, we shall quickly run through our ink.....

So great. I will stop there. Spoilers. lol . But this was a quick, fun and delightful read. That also boosted my interest for the full series in this world...