roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Wolf And The Dove - Kathleen E. Woodiwiss This was one of the first real romance novels I have every read---and I did it when I was in the 5th grade(hope my mother does not see this). But yes, my mother's friend gave her a bunch of books that she did not know what to do with anymore(they belonged to her mother who just died). Knowing that I was a serious books worm, my mother passed them to me.Amoung them was this book, which was so old you could crush the pages into dust jusy by touching them. But I started reading it and loved it! I loved Aslinn who was very strong and fought back against the people who hurt her family, and Wulfgur, what can I say, he was very facinating. I loved how the two characters slowly came together....despite thier rather rocky beginning(frankly...I would have hated Wulfgur for life if that were me...but this is fantasy afterall). I especially loved Wulfgur's warming up due to Aislinn's influence. Despite their fantastic story..it was still enjoyable..and believeable.While I was reading this book..I lost it at some time, and I looked for it for years until HS, when I found it in a bag way in the back of my closet in worse shape than I got it(if that's imagineable). But I finally got a chance to read it all the way though..and I enjoyed it even more..since I was older and more able to appreciate it's contents. lol I loved this book..I can't say that enough. I highly reccomend it. The day I finally had to throw it away because it was turing into a pile of dust, was a sad day indead. Maybe I'll by the new release and read it again(the last 2 pages or so fell out the last time I was reading it..so I kind of forgot the ending...I just made it up. LOL)