roylinp

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

More Historical Romance

Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) - Loretta Chase

This next book I got from the same person who recommended the previous, and after reading it I think I should stick with this blog for romance from now on....this book was excellent.

About a quarter ways through this book I had already decided it was awesome. When I put it down... that view did not change. This was one of the most enjoyable reads I have had in a while, and it came from a shameless bodice ripper. The tow main characters spent the majority of the book throwing hilarious and sarcastic quips at each other and had me laughing out loud through most of the book. From the moment they met in that antique shop I could not stop grinning at their shenanigans, and their obvious fascination with each other.

The female character is near perfect. She is smart and full of snark...and she is not some helpless woman who needs a man to survive..she had plans for her life that did not involve marriage and babies...and most of all Lord Dain. But fate had other plans apparently. I love how she was able to manage him so deftly...and much to his frustration. He met his match and she knocked hm over..in more ways than one.

And Dain...Dain...how I loved him....even if he was a nasty piece of work. He drinks, whore and ruins reputations without appearing to care...but we learn from the start that he is a damaged soul. He is so not perfect, and uses his reputation and anger to push people away..but we soon learn that any bit of love throw his way fascinates him and scares him just the same. It rare in a romance book that I like the male character better than the female...but in this book that was the case. This was Dain's story of finding love. Despite all his bad points, he was so lovable.

I would read this book again in a heartbeat...just for the laughs. I gave it an A+ ...not because every thing thing was perfect...but because everything else made me not care.