roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Legacy (Sharing Knife Series #2)

Legacy - Lois McMaster Bujold

This is the second installment of this series, and it was just as enjoyable as the first. I will admit that I thought the first one had a bit more action and I enjoyed it a bit more because of that. This second installment was a lot quieter and slower than the first. But it slowly build on the action, and once it get going it keep you hooked.

The story of Dag and Fawn continues in Dags home base now, and they both learn that the suspicion and bigotry of the Lakewalkers is about the same as the same as that which inflicts the Farmers. In fact this book does a great job of pointing out how our stereotypes and distrust of anyone different on us..sometimes harms both parties more than it help. And it sometimes leads to disaster. Fawn and Dag learn this again, but it does not stop their determination to continue on and keep trying to bridge those gap between their people. This all comes to a head at the end of this book. You feel their frustration and are angry and offended for them when they face hardships. But like good romances...they choose their love over anything else. And this is how things change for the better: people choosing love and understanding over hate and distrust. All it takes is on act sometimes to accomplish what generations could not. We learn that in our own world's history.

This author is excellent in creating characters you can relate and love, and she continues this trend with this series. I looked forward to reading the rest of the series. It seems there are 4 in all.