roylinp

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Wow....how quickly things change

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

This is one of the more "adult" YA books I have read in a while. I mean...some of the sex scenes in there were more graphic than some romance novels I read...and I loved every minute of it. It is nice to see a woman in a book, enjoy her sexuality without baggage and judgement. Healthy and good.

But this story is such a 180 from the first book. The heroes of the first books, are not, not the villains, but at least a bit grayer. The people you thought were villains, turn out to have more light than you thought, and the people you thought were strong...turns out are weak in the face of what they have to face. I loved that the fairy tale from the first book changed so much, and now turned everything on its head. And when you go back to book one...the signs were all there of this happening.

This is non spoiler as a review I can give. I enjoyed this more than the first book, and it will be amazing to see how Feyre survives in "enemy" territory.