roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Reading progress update: I've read 131 out of 432 pages.

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

Finished part one of the book and ...wow...it s a good study in how love can change between two people...because of trauma, lack of communication, life changes...whatever...but the result is that, what the characters may have wanted in a relationship before, that made them love each other and the relationship satisfactory...changed. The two people are no longer in the same place and they drift apart. And in many cases...holding on to that past feeling brings harm. And both parities need to break away to be healthy again.

I like that the author is not afraid to break down  a romance that was built the entire first book...it's a risk. But based on the action of the first book and how broken the two characters are...it makes sense. I look forward to see if the relationship is built back up...or if our heroine fully moves on.

None spoiler musings.