roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Reading progress update: I've read 121 out of 353 pages.

His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik

I had this book for years on my Nook just taking up space, and finally in an effort to get out of a reading slump I started it...and haven't been able to put it down. I did not know what I expected, but it wasn't at all what I expected. I regret taking this long to get into it

I love the bond between the dragon and Laurence and how it is slowly being built. A lot of it came about because they both were new and found each other outside of the system already established, so things were able to develop naturally.  And we are introduced to this world with dragons and the politics of it through their eyes. Every new discovery we experience with them...makes it easier to relate and bond with them along side their bonding with each other.

So far it looks like we have reached a turning point where the other dragon riders are finally starting, if not to trust Laurence, to at least respect him and his abilities. He came into the life suddenly and lucked out with a rare dragon...that was bound to drive some people mad. But he is able to slowly prove his worth.