roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

I really need to start reading standalone books.

Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater

Mini- Review because I'm tired. Tired.

But as I approached the end of this installment of the series, and the pages began to dwindle....I hoped and prayed that I was wrong and this was the final book as all will be resolved....but NO...foiled again! I have to wait..Gods knows how long....for the next book.

I need to find more standalone book to read because this is getting frustrating. Arg! Heck..I'd settle for a trilogy.

But outside of that, what I loved:

1. You can see the characters change and grow through each book.

2. The relationships are slowly being built up, and I love that because it makes their progression more believable in the long run. I can't believe in some great love...if the folks just met last week. Show me why they have this love, or this relationship. I like that the slow build to the story and relationships is showing me plenty of that

3. Each book increases the stakes. You can see and feel the danger grow each installment, and it makes the anticipation of each one even more frustrating...and sweet.

4. Every character is handled with care. No character is just there to take up space. They each have their own purpose and importance and is not only there to fluff the main characters. There are no real throwaway characters. Good guys or bad guys...you end up loving them all for their quirks and flaws.

So in all, I really liked this installment and I will wait...grudgingly for the next book. Very grudgingly.