roylinp

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee

Wow....okay.

Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)Evenfall by Santino Hassell

Wow. The fact that I started and finished this book in a week is kind of a testament to how much I actually enjoyed it. Yeah, I thought it was a bit wordy in some parts, and it could do with some trimming of scenes that I did not think were fully needed, and at some points the narrative switched around a bit too much between the two characters in the same scene...and got confusing...but over all...every word was used to it's advantage. That did not take away from the great characters...both Boyd and Sin are complicated, lovable, terrible, broken..real characters. They both do things that are horrible in their own right...but that you fully understand as you roaming about in their heads. Their relationship was the ultimate slow build....each bit of trust they earned with each other slowly built, brick by brick...and once their relationship reached full bloom....it was still realistic based on the type of people they are. Especially Sin who really knows nothing about love or how to relate to people. Boyd is his first introduction to being a normal person...and his attachment to him makes total sense.

The overall plot was great. Lots of action and mystery I could see the treads building for the other parts...despite the size of the book...I see that this was still just the introduction of the story. The end of the book and some hints sprinkled throughout gave hints that there is a lot going on and it is tied to Sin, and Boyd seems to have decided that he may not be on the right path and it will be interesting to see where it leads him...so I will fully look forward to the other parts...and to the further development of Boyd and Sins relationship. Overall...looooooog....but fully entertaining and interesting.