roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Divergent  - Veronica Roth I took this up on a recommendation and am I was not disappointed. The book does a great job in putting you into the mind of Tris and all of her strengths and weakness. The world that was created is fascinating, and during the book, you get hints that the Factions and the Erudite plans for world domination are not the only secrets that this world has. There is more going on here. There are many questions...my main one: what were the Dauntless made to protect them from? Or is something being protected from them? I like the little hints in the book of more revelations to come.Also I enjoyed the growing romance a lot. A lot of times with book with the amount of action and fantasy...the romance part is not as developed. I found that aspect pretty well written. I enjoyed Tobias and Tris growing connection. I look forward to the next one.