roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
A Rogue by Any Other Name - Sarah MacLean I love reading romance books that stray just a bit of the usual formula to thinks things seem new. This had everything: great female character...I don't always like them, most being a bit too mewling and weak. Or mistaking being shrill with being strong. But Penelope was strong in her own right and knew what she wanted and despite her limited options went for it. I also liked Bourne despite him being an ass...his behavior was understandable based on his history. Together they were witty and fun..and of course hot. But I liked most of all that their love was believable because a history between them was built and nurtured every chapter through her memories and her letters. I liked that aspect of the story a lot. It felt like a slow build and the climax was made all the better. I enjoyed this a lot.