roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2) - S.U. Pacat I loved this part even more than the first. The slow build up to the relationship between the two men and how they slowly built the trust between them and grew to know and respect each other. I love a slow build. But now with the actions of Damen at the end...this trust will be tested for sure. I can't wait to see Laurent's reactions....based on the past...it won't be good.And speaking of Laurent...it seems to me that the author is hinting at more with the relationship between Laurent and his Uncle..it is too raw and personal. And Laurent....his reactions to being touch and to intimacy....just sets of warning bells in my head. I want to be wrong...but I don't think I am. I am rotting for him to become functional and to not mess up a good thing.I love both characters. I love the side stories and characters...and I look forward to the rest of the series.