roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Sisters of the Night:: The Angry Angel - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro This is my first novel from this particular writer so I was a bit weary....especially all my vampire reading have been from Anne Rice novels.This novel I thought was beautifully written and had such great detail. I could clearly see the Kelene's family and could relate to them on many levels. The father and mother to me ver yvery well thoughtout and described, along with the other minor characters. Kelene's character throughout most of the book was rather sad/tragic and interesting.But one problem I did have with the book was it's treatment of Dracula's and Kelene's relationship. I thought the character of Dracula was well done...he was ominous and tragically sad at the same time, and it left me wanting more about him throughout the book. Iknow this is the first of the series so I will eargly await more info. But for his relationship with Kelene.....during the first couple parts of the book..it was very good...and griping, but towards the end it just became repetitive. During the whole journey to his castle it seems to me that thye were repeating the same scene over and over again. I felt these last couple of chapters could have been cut short.Overall, I was pleased with this book and look forward to the next installment.