roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
All I Ever Wanted - Kristan Higgins I don't read contemporary romance often, at least for a long time. But I picked this up on a recommendation from a trusted book friend and was not disappointed. This was fun and cute and warm...everything a book like this should be. Callie was not perfect and I wanted her to open her eyes and quit living in the clouds and only seeing good in everything....but that was also her charm. Yeah she is loud and emotional and messy...but she was alive and I could see how someone as pulled as tightly as Ian could find her appealing. He needed someone to pull him into the world and live after his heartbreak. So they were good for each other. One thing I love in romances is a slow build, I don't like when I feel the two main characters get together too easily, and this book had a slow build....maybe my only complaint was that I felt Ian's focus on her was kind of a little sudden. But then we were not in his head and could not see his journey, either way it was minor and the story still made sense and was satisfying. This was a good read if you want a mood lifter. I might just look for more from this writer. Take a break every so often from dragons and wizards.