roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Pride Mates -  Jennifer Ashley This book was enjoyable, and a fun read to occupy your team. The world created is great...in fact I was more interested in the world and learning more about it and the Shifters than the romance element. I think it is mainly because you read one Animal shifting type male falls for young girl and fights his animal instincts to have here...you kind of read them all. Which is mainly why I did not rate this higher.I always find it problematic that the women in these types of situation always give in and give up their original plans and dreams...to follow this man. Yeah, he is kind of stalkerish...but he loves her that's why. Because through his love/extreme bond...she realized it was not what she wanted. While this female character is a bit more outspoken and independent than most...she still fell into the patter. But overall...it was able to hold my interest and provide a bit of fun.