roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Devil's Bride - Stephanie Laurens At the start I really enjoyed Honoria the main female character and her determination to be her own self and accomplish something more than what society expects of her and what they force her to be. I also enjoyed the playful banter between her and Devil and how she challenged him to be less of a controlling ass. I mean he is too much...yeah he was a man of power not used to not getting his way ...but I could not deal with him. I would have been out the door the first chance I got. Honoria can keep him. Good luck to her. Their push and pull worked for them and the story.My only complaint would be that I think in the end...it just became another story of a strong-headed Independent woman, who ended up breaking to the will of the man. I mean Honoria was still not jut giving in right away and she did fight to keep some semblance of control of her own life and activities...but I felt it was kind of like Devil was just indulging her in the end and it she kind of lost some of her fire and it became more just her being a typical Iron Lady wife....but within norms. I guess I would have liked to see her become more of a partner than she already was...might be too much to asked based on the period this is based in.But over all I liked this story for not being too typical and for have a female character that was very relatable...even today.