roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
Pandora - Anne Rice I was kind of weary of reading this after I read some of the reviews...and after I read Violin..which I still have not finished...but I must say I enjoyed this book better.I found Pandora to be very interesting..and not at all what I thought her to be..she wasn't the usual angst filled....woe is me Vampire that brooded for centuries(ala Louis..but I love him..they say pain is beautiful..well it certainly was the case in Louis). She was just a woman..who found herself in the mist of an incredible saga.I loved the references to history..and anything that further explains Akasha..and Enkil is good to me.....I loved hearing more about Akasha..and the myths surrounding her.Her relationship with Marius was comical....and very sweet IMO.. although I think Anne should have told us more about their lives together.....she spent too much time telling us about Pandora before she finally got to the part when she received the "Dark Gift"..that was one of my complaints. Another was.....I want to know what happened to Flavius he was very interesting..and I think Anne overlooked him a bit to much..he would make an interesting tale himself.Over all..I think it was a great beginning to the new chronicles..and I can't wait for Armand..who I just adore(next to Louis..and Lestat..maybe even more than Lestat)....