roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
The Archer's Heart - Astrid Amara I enjoyed it a lot. Though I had some issues.You always take a gamble with reading books that are going by word of mouth...it doesn't always work out, especially in the M/M genre...but so far I have been lucky to only run across those that live up to their hype, Mostly. The world created on this book was very interesting and the magic pretty well explained and built...though I would have liked a bit more information on how the demon world worked and more into how the demon world and the human world interacted...how did they begin, etc...so more explanation of the mythology. I thought that would make some aspects of the story easier to understand and follow. But outside of this, I enjoyed the story. The characters were well thought out...their motivations understandable...so even if they do bad things you get an idea of why and why. This story goes to demonstrates that everyone is the hero is their own story. Every thinks their reasons for doing things are just and right. Whether it is for love, or family, for religion, for honor or even revenge...we all justify ourselves....who is right ends up being is survives in the end. I enjoyed seeing all of the characters journey's even if it did not end well. I especially enjoyed Tarek's arc.....how easily you can be destroyed by the wrong kind of love. In some way I found this love story...a bit better realized/a bit deeper than the main. Which is one other issue I had with the tale. Overall I enjoyed the conflict and the love story and the ending gave me lots of satisfaction......sometimes we need that happy ending.