roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
A Conspiracy of Kings - Megan Whalen Turner I love this series to death. From the first book "The Thief" all the way to this book, which was just as good if not better than the first...I never had a moment where I did not enjoy this book, the worls and the characters in it. Of course Gen, Gen...is always the best. Clever, loyal and when he needs to be vicious. I love the writing style of this book..where you can't really trust the narrator because they all keep secret, even from the reader. You are in their heads, but you still do not know all of their plans and thoughts until it is revealed in the plot itself. It is a very clever way to write and to keep the reader in suspense and hanging off every word. Because they know that every word might mean something...might be a clue for what is to come. I love all the plots within lots and the slow reveal of the many sides of the characters and their motivations. It pains me that this series does not get read more and make it my job pimp it out to people so it gets more love.