roylinp

Escaping into My Books

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Mackenzi Lee
The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater I really enjoyed this book and the characters of Puck and Sean. They both are fighting for a bit of happiness in a world that really isn't built for it and where life can be taken just by a snap of a finger. I thought a great job was done in capturing their personalities and why they would be drawn together. Puck is brash and proud and most importantly to Sean fearless. She knows what she wants and doesn't bother to hide it and goes after it. Sean hides all that he is feeling because he has learned too much emotion can cause your down fall...but this makes him overly cautious and repressed. He lives..but he is not alive. Meeting Puck finally gives him a jolt to wake him out of his self imposed seclusion and makes him pay attention to the world around him. Care about others. I love the buildup in their relationship. That it was slow and subtle and quiet...fit the personality. I also loved the world created. The water horses and their power and savagery. The island a d its history and bleakness. If any complaints...I would like more a out the world. To me it ended a bit too abruptly. I want yo know what happens with Gabe and Quinn and everyone else. So....sequel?